District Office Internships
If you are looking for a future in politics/government, organizing, or advocacy, this internship experience will help you develop tools for your future career by making professional connections, learning valuable new skills, and reaching real, achievable goals!
U.S. Representative Scott Taylor (R-VA-02) is looking for part-time interns to assist in the daily operations of the District Office. We are located at 1 Columbus Center, Ste 900, Virginia beach, VA 23462. Interns will work 15-20 hours during the internship period. Official full internship positions will last approximately four months. However, we are flexible with school schedules. Although the internship is unpaid, we are responsive to college credit requirements. The application process is competitive. We are looking for civic minded students with strong GPA’s and the intellectual curiosity required to represent all of the Congressman’s constituents. Political experience is not required. Diversity of thought, background, and academic study is strongly encouraged.
- To gain a fuller understanding of public service and learn the primary responsibilities of a U.S. Representative to his or her district.
- To learn how a representative effectively understands and responds to the needs and concerns of their constituents.
- To develop the proper etiquette in serving and conversing with constituents.
- To learn how various federal laws and policies affect local citizens in VA02.
- To learn about issues unique to VA02 and learn how Rep. Taylor and his office serve military families and veterans
- Mail & the Franking Process (incoming/outgoing)
- Filing, IQ/Data entry
- Minding Phones & Engaging Constituents
- Assisting in the opening of Casework
- Special Projects as assigned by Staff
- 250 List Updates/Scanning Business Cards
- Researching District Events
- Attending/Staffing Events
To apply, please download our internship application form. Once completed, please e-mail the document to Jaquelyn.Murray@mail.house.gov. For more information regarding the application process and internship duration, please call our Virginia Beach office at (757) 364-7650.